Re: Octave-Forge website / docs.html

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: Octave-Forge website / docs.html
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 17:40:32 +0200

Le 13/08/2014 16:22, Carnë Draug a écrit :
On 12 August 2014 19:01, Julien Bect <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]

Easier said than done, I know, but perhaps is this a direction where I could
contribute, if I knew where to start from... Is there some sort of "source
code" for the website, somewhere ? I mean, a place where all the data and
admin scripts for building all the html pages are located ?
I have prepared a repository with the octave-forge website.

Thanks a lot.

[snip].
Why ask the package maintainer to produce the html doc himself ? Because
some packages do not rely on generate_html to do this ?
Because installing the package is not always straightforward (see comments
above).

I can see now why each package maintainer has to generate its own html doc...

I will have to re-think the whole business in the light of your explanation.

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain it in detail.

@++
Julien