Re: About the generate_html package

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: About the generate_html package
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 21:03:23 +0100

On 15 August 2014 19:03, Julien Bect <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> There are many incorrect links in the online OF documentation. Actually, all
> documentation pages for @class methods have an incorrect link at the bottom,
> because of a known bug in the generate_html package (see bug #41473). I have
> just provided a patch for it on savannah.

Thank you, I just pushed it.

> By the way, the current generate_html package is from october 2012 and
> several changes have been made to it recently (including the new "NEWS" and
> "Package Documentation" links, which can already be seen in the doc of the
> optim package). Perhaps now would be a good time for a 0.2 ? Please tell me
> if there's anything I can do to help.

I have just made a 0.1.6 release. I'd reserve a 0.2 release if there's
an actual change on the structure of the site.

You mentioned a series of problems on the current website which I
agree do exist and would welcome fixes for it. Both generate_html and
the website now have hg repos. The main problem would be that big
changes would require rebuild of all packages documentation. Since
most of the changes would be text that is equal on all pages, we could
work around this by editing the file in places with some per script.
Indeed, I have done this in the past to update some broken links.

Carnë