Re: padecoef

From: Kozma, Endre
Subject: Re: padecoef
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 21:43:27 +0200

Thanks for pointing the guideline. Reading it is always a good start. Somehow I skimmed over it, my bad.

Regards,
Endre

On Tue, 2014-09-09 at 10:02 +0200, Andreas Weber wrote:
Dear Endre, thank you for contributing

Am 08.09.2014 22:07, schrieb Kozma, Endre:
> I created a preliminary version of the padecoef function. This function
> is on the missing-functions list.
> Its matlab description is here:
> http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/padecoef.html
>
> Any comments, criticisms are highly appreciated.

Please also see
http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Contributing-Guidelines.html#Contributing-Guidelines.

I see some whitespace issues in your code (we use a space between
function name and opening bracket) to distinguish between indexing
operation or function call:

padecoef(T, N = 1) => padecoef (T, N = 1)
N = round(N); => N = round (N);

Your code "if ((T < 0) | (N < 0))", you should use || here and as Nir
already suggested, please add some tests.

Andy