How to submit contributions?

From: Christoph Dalitz
Subject: How to submit contributions?
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 16:05:30 +0200

Dear octave pundits,

for a research project, I have recently implemented versions of "deconvwnr"
(Wiener deconvolution) and "deconvlucy" (Richardson-Lucy deconvolution) in
Octave,
which are listed as "missing functions" in octave-forge. I have also implemented
a recent regularization method for the Richardson-Lucy deconvolution that is
absent in matlab.

As I would like to submit them, I have some questions:

 a) There is a website for submitting "patches", but there is
    no information about the form of the "patch".
    Is there an example somewhere how to convert an octave *.m file
    implementing a new function into a suitable "patch"?

 b) Where can I find general style information, like how to
    document the functionality and the author date of last change
    in the submission?

 c) Do you only accept functions that reproduce matlab functonality,
    or are other functions also welcome?
    Is strict matlab compatibility a requirement, or may the interface
    (and maybe the functionality) be slightly different?

Thanks,

Christoph