Re: Default PATH for executing external programs

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Default PATH for executing external programs
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 16:21:55 -0500

On 11/07/2014 04:17 PM, Carnë Draug wrote:

Many OF packages already check if there is a MKOCTFILE environment
variable and will use it instead of searching the path. This seems like a
reasonable option. I wonder if it makes sense to have it stored in
octave_config_info as is the path for most directories and mkoctfile flags.

I suppose we could do that to avoid duplicating the same logic in multiple places (mkoctfile.m, pkg.m, somewhere else later?). Then the value just needs to be exported to the environment when Octave starts? Or should it only be exported as needed?