Re: discuss [bug #43305] Hamming etc. windows are wrong

From: Peter
Subject: Re: discuss [bug #43305] Hamming etc. windows are wrong
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 00:40:15 +0100

Please have a look at the firwin function in LTFAT. You need to fftshift the output to get the right sequence of numbers for a normal window. There you can find all the standard windows.

We put a lot of effort into getting the numbers correct for firwin, because you cannot get perfect reconstruction in an MDCT (used for MP3 encoding) unless the symmetry and spacing is correct.

Cheers,
Peter

(and sorry, my phone suck at bottom posting)