Projects for a newbie

From: Dag W
Subject: Projects for a newbie
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 04:48:34 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I am a newbie in the Octave maintainers mailing list. I have a masters in
statistics and a couple of years of C++ programming behind. I have no formal
training in programming, but got a job as a programmer and studied some of
the courses in algorithms on Coursera. I also know SQL, Hadoop, CUDA, C, if
you are interested in knowing. I know how to write unit tests and
integration tests using Google Test and Boost Unittest. And of course I know
git, so I have to learn Mercurial.

I am looking for something to do in my free time. There is a list of things
to do in your list I wonder if there are any projects on
http://wiki.octave.org/Projects <http://wiki.octave.org/Projects>   that I
could help you with. What looks interesting at first sight are the headers
/sparse matrices/ and /numerical/. But I do not know your priorities. Could
you please me to find something that I can help you with.

Regards,
Dag