Re: Release Ideas

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Release Ideas
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 19:35:19 -0500

On 01/27/2015 06:40 PM, Michael Godfrey wrote:

Unless there is something blocking default, why not just make one
release (default already has all the
GUI code).

We deprecated some things in 3.8 that have already been removed from default but not gui-release. Normally we have one release that still contains the deprecated functions but warns if they are used. Skipping the gui-release release and going straight to default would break this promise that we normally make. Not a huge thing, I suppose, but something we should consider if we decide to just release default.