Re: Keeping the gui-release branch open considered harmful

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: Keeping the gui-release branch open considered harmful
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 12:00:29 -0600

On 01/30/2015 11:46 AM, John W. Eaton wrote:
On 01/30/2015 12:15 PM, Rik wrote:

[snip]

A simpler solution might be to backport important bug fixes using either
hg graft or hg transplant. There are about 222 of these to review.

hg log -r a1e4282f5254: -b dev -k 'bug #' | grep 'changeset:' | wc -l

The focus of 4.0 is a GUI with Windows support so bugs related to
display, Windows incompatibilities, and plotting output would be the
ones I would backport.

222 bug fixes seems like a lot to graft and review. I expect many
conflicts in that process. Plus all the changes related to graphics and
even the GUI that went on default but were not strictly bug fixes.

I've no idea, but is there an easy way of disabling the use of classdef in the GUI? If so, the merge of the GUI could go forward, then disable classdef usage in a changeset, create the version, then restore the classdef usage.

Dan