Re: Offscreen rendering with OSMesa and gl2ps

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: Re: Offscreen rendering with OSMesa and gl2ps
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2015 08:50:51 +0100

Hi Rik,

Am 03.02.2015 um 06:01 schrieb Rik:
> 2/2/15
>
> Andy,
>
> It would be very nice to be able to finally get rid of gnuplot for creating
> the documentation.  Do the experiments you have done suggest that this is
> relatively simple and could be implemented in time for the 4.0 release?

Yes, I think it's simple to implement and should be done before the 4.0
release.

But one problem is that OSMesa < 9.0 shows a problem if linked with
liboctave so we have to check in the configure script if we have a
problematic version or not. Debian Wheezy for example still ships with
OSMesa 8.5.

The OSMEsa DLLS for Windows can be built with scons within MXE-Octave
but I hadn't time to test it further in Windows yet.

Building on MacOSX seems to be possible (for example
http://www.alecjacobson.com/weblog/?p=2827 via macports) but I don't
have access to that OS.

If it is okay for you and the other devs I would like to add the OSMesa
stuff the next 2 weeks.

-- Andy