Regarding Contribution to open source in GSOC 2015

From: Jatin Lalwani
Subject: Regarding Contribution to open source in GSOC 2015
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 18:28:50 +0530

I (Jatin Lalwani) am a student at BITS-Pilani,Hyderabad Campus, currently in my 2nd year pursuing MSc(Hons.) Maths with B.E(Hons.) Electronics and Communication. I want to contribute to the open source community. I read about the organisation and I am listing my skill set below.
 I would really appreciate if you could guide me about what can I do next to contribute.
1) I have a decent PROGRAMMING EXPERIENCE in C++ and C , and its been over a year now. I  can use common functions of the STL library and keep on learning on a daily basis.
2)I am regularly learning two courses on line on Coursera by Stanford University
       - Design and Analysis of Algorithm (Almost completed just final exams left)
       - Machine learning by Andrew NG (completed more than half)
I am comfortable with using OCTAVE as we have to submit all assignments in Machine learning course using octave. I find the course very interesting and would be thrilled if I get to work/contribute something in this.
3) I have completed some relevant courses in my institute as well which I am listing below
- C programming
-Linear algebra and complex variables.
-Calculus
-Graph theory
-algebra-1(group theory and ring theory)
-optimization techniques
-Elementary real analysis
following courses are going on this semester
-Discrete mathematical structures
-measures and integration
-mathematical methods
-operations research

4) I have a basic understanding of Data structures and algorithms as well and have applied them in coding competitions.
Please help me out as to what I should do next.
THANK YOU