Re: Benchmark for graphics in 4.0

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: Re: Benchmark for graphics in 4.0
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 19:54:07 +0000

Am 09.03.2015 um 09:13 schrieb Pantxo Diribarne:
During the last months I found that this page [1] was really helpful in order to compare plots with older versions of Octave. Could we run the script that generated those plots and make a 4.0 benchmark. I'd be happy to help on this (I have Matlab 2013a at work) but need instructions: where do I find the necessary scripts? How do I run them?

@Andy: will you be able to host the resulting plots on the same page?

Hi Pantxo,
the used scripts are in octave-src/scripts/testfun/private/

dump_demos creates a script with the demo blocks which can be run with FLTK, gnuplot and Matlab,
html_compare_plot_demos fills the result to the html template.

Btw, do you know http://wiki.octave.org/Plot_comparison?

I can run the scripts for FLTK and gnuplot on 4.0-rc1 but haven't access to Matlab (I'm even unsure if the matlab scripts would run after the last changes which removed for example sombrero) and yes, I can host them on tech-chat.de

-- Andy