Re: Icons for the GUI

From: Torsten
Subject: Re: Icons for the GUI
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 06:55:59 +0100

On 16.03.2015 01:38, rocketsound wrote:
> I guess the figure window is going to use the same resource manager for the
> icons as the main GUI already does and thus the desired icon format is SVG
> but I'm not sure what base size the current icons share. How does the
> resource manager work/what base size is required so that rescaling the icons
> does preserve their aesthetics?

AFAIK the figure window does not use the resource manager of the main
gui. There are some icons in a separate directory for the figure window.
Only the window logo is taken from the main gui's icons directory.

Currently, the main gui icons are available as svg in the repository but
also as png files with a size of 128 pixels. The png files are used for
the menu icons due to problems with svg files under windows.

Torsten