RE: Octave 4.0.0 release candidate 2 available for ftp

From: JohnD
Subject: RE: Octave 4.0.0 release candidate 2 available for ftp
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 19:31:14 -0400

> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 17:51:28 -0400
> From: "John W. Eaton" <address@hidden>
> To: Octave Maintainers List <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Subject: Octave 4.0.0 release candidate 2 available for ftp
>
> The second release candidate for Octave 4.0.0 is available from
>
>    ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/octave
>
> I'm sure there will be problems that need to be fixed so it is unlikely
that this
> version will become the 4.0.0 release without some changes.
> But please try to build this version and report any problems you find in
the bug
> tracker.  I've added a new version tag for the release candidate, so
please use
> that when reporting problems.
>
> I will also be making a binary installer for Windows available soon.
>
> jwe

***********************************

Windows 7, new rebuild of mxe-octave:
  PASS     12847
  FAIL         2
  XFAIL       16
  SKIPPED     54

__run_tests__ finished in directory
C:/Octave/Octave-4.0.0-rc2/share/octave/4.0.0-rc2/etc/tests/fixed  rather
than the director we started in

Fails:
'__w2mpth__' undefined near line 4 column 12 -  fixed I believe in
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/0f2cbcb14a21
processing system.tst
***** test
 xdir = pwd ();
 cd /
 d1 = pwd ();
 cd (xdir);
 if (ispc () && ! isunix ())
   ## should be a drive letter
   assert (length (d1), 3);
   assert (d1(2), ":");
   assert (d1(3), "\\");
 else
   assert ("/", d1);
 endif
 assert (pwd (), xdir);
!!!!! test failed
ASSERT errors for:  assert (length (d1),3)

  Location  |  Observed  |  Expected  |  Reason
     ()           65           3         Abs err 62 exceeds tol 0