Re: Failed with output: Hydra job gnu:octave-default:build.x86_64-linux

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Failed with output: Hydra job gnu:octave-default:build.x86_64-linux
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 20:45:55 -0400

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 17:34:33 +0100, Pantxo Diribarne wrote:
> It is a segfault in graphics.cc-tst that makes the build fail. I can't
> reproduce it here on linux mint.

Can you reproduce with "xvfb-run make check"? That is how we run the
test suite on hydra and other autobuilders that don't build in an X
session.

> What flag do we pass to run-octave when running tests in make check
> (--no-gui or --no-gui-lib)? I couldn't figure this out my self.

Neither of the above, it just runs "run-octave fntests.m", so should be
running tests with the octave-gui executable.

> Btw the log also shows a failing test in libinterp/corefcn/file-io.cc-tst
> that I can't reproduce.

There's only one %!test in that file. My guess is it's something unusual
about the hydra build environment. Could be something as simple as there
is no default /tmp directory. I don't know if that's true or not, but I
wouldn't be surprised if it were. And unsetting TMPDIR would make the
rest of the test fail.

--
mike