Re: Missing translation of "Editor" tab

From: Torsten
Subject: Re: Missing translation of "Editor" tab
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2015 22:43:15 +0200

On 02.04.2015 07:33, Andreas Weber wrote:
> On 1. April 2015 07:32:12 MESZ, Torsten <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> Dmitry,
>>>
>>> The Editor tab of the main window was untranslated.  I fixed that in
>>> this changeset
>>> (http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/97b37077a2d3).  Torsten
>>> will need to re-generate the *.ts files in order for it to show up.
>>>

>> I can do this, no problem, but since the translators are already
>> working
>> on the actual files I am wondering whether it would be better to update
>> the files after the translations are finished in order to avoid
>> conflicts. I can add the translation of "Editor" afterwards (copy and
>> paste from the already existing location or maybe lupdate will find
>> this
>> by itself).
>>
>> Torsten
>
> Hi Torsten,  I run
>
> octave-src/libgui$ lupdate -recursive src qterminal -ts languages/de_DE..ts
>
> Before working on de_DE.ts, is this okay or what steps have to be done to
> update the ts files? Can we add a script which does this? --Andy

Hello Andreas,

I am using

lupdate -no-obsolete -locations relative $SEARCH_PATH -ts $file

where $SEARCH_PATH contains the scanned directories.

We should decide whether we want to have a complete translation even for
languages where qt and/or qscintilla does not provide translations. This
is currently and the case and for those languages $SEARCH_PATH contains
directories with the relevant qt and qsci files.

For German this does not matter.

Torsten