Re: [Octave Forge] Octave 4.0 call for packages

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: [Octave Forge] Octave 4.0 call for packages
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 21:17:38 +0100

On 15 March 2015 at 15:04, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
> [...]
>
> The imminent Octave 4.0.0 release will be the first to supply an
> official binary distribution of Octave for Windows operating systems.
> This distribution will include a set of Octave Forge packages that may
> be installed at the user's option. This is why we would like to have
> compatible packages ready to incorporate into the next release candidate
> for further testing.

Can users that have installed Octave with such installer then install
more packages and other versions of those packages?

If we are starting to distribute binaries of Octave core, would be nice
if we can also distribute binaries for the packages, specially since the
release cycle of core and OF is quite different.

Carnë