Re: [Octave Forge] Octave 4.0 call for packages

From: John Donoghue
Subject: Re: [Octave Forge] Octave 4.0 call for packages
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 13:52:10 -0400

On 04/12/2015 11:10 AM, address@hidden wrote:
Message: 1
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 22:32:41 +0200
From: Oliver Heimlich<address@hidden>
To:address@hidden

On 11.04.2015 20:56, Philip Nienhuis wrote:
>John Donoghue-2 wrote
>>On 04/11/2015 12:00 PM,
>
>>octave-maintainers-request@
>
>>   wrote:
>>>Why would there be differences between 32 and 64 bit Windows as regards
>>>OF-packages compatibility with 32-bit Octave?
>>>
>>>I'd rather expect quite a few differences between 32- and 64-bit versions
>>>of
>>>Octave itself (obviously the latter will only run on Win64).
>>>
>>>Philip
>>>

>>There are some differences, whether from the fact of being Win32 vs
>>Win64 or not?
>
>Not sure I follow:-)
>AFAIK 32-bit Windows applications should run identically whether in 32- or
>64 bit Windows.
On the differences detected by JohnD:

control: This is OpenBLAS vs ReferenceBLAS
image: Can you provide the log?
level-set: rc2 vs rc3
optics: Can you provide the log?
queueing: rc2 vs rc3
signal: Maybe a problem with my installation when calling temporary
function files.

Also I believe that some tests are non-deterministic.

Logs are at:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0s2ijbmpkltg3o/AACXeW8KfjohqPuYODa_1J5wa?dl=0
Im trying to build a native openblas to see if that works better than cross compiled

Currently openblas is the default selected when installing - which might be the best case if it leads to errors :)