Re: gnuplot graphics toolkit bugs

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: gnuplot graphics toolkit bugs
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 12:04:33 -0500

On 06/23/2015 11:58 AM, Daniel J Sebald wrote:
On 06/23/2015 08:58 AM, Ben Abbott wrote:

On Jun 23, 2015, at 2:52 AM, Daniel J Sebald<address@hidden>

[snip]

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=43907
bug #43907: OpenGL render code called even when gnuplot is
graphics_toolkit

Dan

Perhaps the most serious gnuplot 5 related bug is below. I’ve attached
a patch to the bug report, but since I’m not able to build Octave 4.x
on Mac OSX, I haven’t pushed it.

http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?42838

Ben

Well, there is a lot there for me to read, but let me just guess that
this is the issue where default EPS mode uses grayscale, not color. And
in gnuplot, the grayscale mode translates any non-white color to black,
technically monochrome.

I should add, that the reason this is so significant is that approach of using one terminal type EPS to create an intermediate plot that then is converted to myriad file types. The changeset I noted returns to utilizing all the different gnuplot terminals for various output file formats. It seems to me that is the benefit of gnuplot.

Dan