Re: Eliminating more recursive make invocations

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Eliminating more recursive make invocations
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 09:37:01 -0400

On 07/12/2015 09:37 PM, Rik wrote:
7/12/15

FYI,

Under the new build system it is more difficult, but still possible to
re-build just a single file.  I've been working on the m-files that
generate the images for the Manual and as soon as you touch one it re-makes
all the images in the file (7) with four different extensions (.txt, .png,
.pdf, .eps).  This is super slow and bad for my testing purposes.

But that seems like the correct behavior given that the source file is used to generate multiple outputs. Maybe we should break these image generation scripts up so that there is one script per figure? We could also put common functions in separate files and share them among all the generation functions instead of duplicating them.