Re: print command

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: print command
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 18:10:30 -0500

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 3:42 PM, Rik <address@hidden> wrote:
On 07/30/2015 11:48 AM, Michael Godfrey wrote:
Rik,

There seem to be good reasons for coding print() to always
do the printing with visible off for qt and fltk:

1. This avoids the window flickering that seems to accompany the
    printing (if it works at all).
2. This avoids possible problems with graphics hardware versions.

I think we're screwed either way with bug reports pertaining to gl2ps through the visible path or osmesa through the invisible one.  Savannah has several open bug reports about osmesa including failures with Nvidia cards are installed or in MXE-Octave.  See bugs #44478 and #44438.

--Rik

​I really do not think that we should have rely on GL for anything critical.
It could exist here as a "high-performance" option for those who
can  find OS/hardware combo  with a decent GL stack.

Dmitri.