Re: matlab compatibility of od45 with adaptive stepping

From: Sebastian Schoeps
Subject: Re: matlab compatibility of od45 with adaptive stepping
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 11:26:30 +0200

I think, we just need to call dense output as already implemented by Jacopo?!

Sebastian

--
Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Sebastian Schoeps
Technische Universität Darmstadt

Office: S4|10-321
Phone: +49 6151 16 - 70948
Fax: +49 6151 16 - 4459
Email: address@hidden

Am 11.10.2015 um 09:50 schrieb Carlo De Falco <address@hidden>:

On 11 Oct 2015, at 09:36, Sebastian Schöps <address@hidden> wrote:

I don't have access to matlab right now, so could
someone please try the following and report the results?

fun = @(t, x) cos (t);
o = odeset ('AbsTol', 1e-11, 'RelTol', 1e-11);
[t, x] = ode45 (fun, [0, 2*pi], 0, o);
size (t), size (x)
[t, x] = ode45 (fun, [0, pi, 2*pi], 0, o);
size (t), size (x)

ans =
 457     1
ans =
 457     1
ans =
   3     1
ans =
   3     1

My interpratation of the documentation is that size (t) should be [3, 1] in the second case ...

It seems you are right :)

Unfortunately, this also means that integrate_adaptive needs an almost complete rewrite :(
c.