Re: use of "Octave:invalid-input-arg" as warning id

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: use of "Octave:invalid-input-arg" as warning id
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 10:54:09 -0500

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 10:50 AM, Nicholas Jankowski <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 10:49 AM, Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 4:46 PM, Juan Pablo Carbajal
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 4:37 PM, Nicholas Jankowski <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 10:27 AM, Carlo De Falco <address@hidden>
>> wrote:

>>> does anyone know what does Matlab do in this case?
>>> c.
>>>

>> not overly familiar with the toolset.  Sample code I can run to reproduce?
>>

> ode45(@(x,t)[x(2), -(2*pi*3)^2*x(1)], [0 1], [1 0]);

Sorry, to hastly

[t y] = ode45(@(t,x)[x(2); -(2*pi*3)^2*x(1)], [0 1], [1 0]);

Octave says:

warning: Option "RelTol" not set, new value 0.000001 is used
warning: called from
    ode45 at line 113 column 5
warning: Option "AbsTol" not set, new value 0.000001 is used
warning: Option "InitialStep" not set, new value 0.100000 is used
warning: Option "MaxStep" not set, new value 0.100000 is used

Matlab 2015a:
no output other than the expected values of t and y if your remove the ;

the example from the Matlab ode45 help:

>> [t,y]=ode45(@vdp1,[0 20],[2 0])

"uses the default relative error tolerance 1e-3 and the default absolute tolerance of 1e-6 for each component"

again, no output other than t and y

(I also notice that octave seemingly has no vdp1 implemented)

Nick J.