[OF] where to put license files?

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: [OF] where to put license files?
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 20:15:39 +0100

In installed OF packages the GPL license (COPYING) resides in the packinfo/ subdir. So that subdir looks like a good place for other licenses associated with SW in a package. ==> How do I get together that e.g., a file "license.txt" ends up in packinfo/ ?

(FYI, I want to include some c++ code covered by an MIT license (GPL-compatible) in the mapping package.)

BTW, the instructions for package maintainers/developers are quite terse these days - I had to access www.archive.org for older versions to get info on package structure and contents of the DESCRIPTION file. Shouldn't that be on the current octave-forge developers page?

Thanks,

Philip