Re: gplot.txt

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: gplot.txt
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2016 22:31:48 -0600

On 03/02/2016 09:17 PM, Lachlan Andrew wrote:
On 3 March 2016 at 13:41, Daniel J Sebald<address@hidden>  wrote:
On 03/02/2016 08:03 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:

I’ve just reverted the changeset …

         hg revert —all -r af8118df8292

… and the problem persists.

That revert may include the changeset itself.  You might need to revert to
one of the changeset's parents or grandparents depending on how far back the
related changes go.  Follow the link to the parent in the link listed above.

I've had a quick look at that changeset, and at speye.  I don't see
how the code to reshape or resize sparse arrays can be called from
speye.  It is hard to debug on my system, because it doesn't give an
error.

Yes, that's always difficult. Speye() is a pretty straight forward call to a Sparse constructor.

Note also that Sparse.cc isn't the only place to look for sparse
matrix code.  I gather that other files called by speye include
libinterp/core/sparse.cc
liboctave/array/Sparse-d.cc
liboctave/array/dSparse.cc
liboctave/array/MSparse.cc
plus associated header files (which contain surprisingly much actual code).

Yes, but the intention was to narrow down what version the segfault may have occurred at.

I'm not certain, but my experience is that linux is sometimes a little forgiving with an index just one increment out of bound, i.e., doesn't always necessarily segfault, but other operating systems usually aren't so tolerant.

Dan