Re: Seqfault with single complex matrices on Mac

From: Sebastian
Subject: Re: Seqfault with single complex matrices on Mac
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 13:43:29 +0200

> Am 06.04.2016 um 13:36 schrieb Ben Abbott <address@hidden>:
>
>> On Apr 6, 2016, at 2:42 AM, Sebastian Schöps <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> there must be a change from 4.0.0 to 4.0.1 that leads to crashes on Mac OS
>> using clang and Apple's BLAS lib. For example single complex matrices are
>> affected, e.g.
>>
>> single ([1+i 2+i 3+i]) * single ([ 4+i ; 5+i ; 6+i])
>>
>> segfaults octave. Since the problem was not present in 4.0.0, maybe someone
>> has an idea? If not, I would have to start bisecting, but this will take
>> forever...
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sebastian
>
> This works for me on both the default and stable branches.
>
> clang --version
> Apple LLVM version 7.0.2 (clang-700.1.81)
> Target: x86_64-apple-darwin14.5.0
> Thread model: posix

Thanks for helping. Do you use openblas or Apple's implementation via
vecLibFort, [1]? My problems occur only in the latter case, i.e., it works
perfectly with openblas.

I have currently no clue what's going on. The problem might be restricted to
homebrew. Nonetheless, on my mac (10.11) octave 4.0.0 works while octave 4.0.1
segfaults. Since all other settings are identical some change in Octave should
be causing the trouble.

Sebastian

[1] https://github.com/mcg1969/vecLibFort