Re: SOCIS 16 - Improve iterative methods for sparse linear systems

From: Cris
Subject: Re: SOCIS 16 - Improve iterative methods for sparse linear systems
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 15:34:54 +0200

On 27/04/2016 18:11, Carlo De Falco wrote:
On 26 Apr 2016, at 17:25, Cris <address@hidden> wrote:

Dear all,
I made a proposal for the GSOC16 but I was not accepted, then I want to propose myself
for the SOCIS-16 for the same project "Improve iterative methods for sparse linear
systems".

My GSOC proposal and the discussion in the octave mailing list is in the thread
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/octave-maintainers/2016-04/msg00080.html

Since my proposal was rejected for the GSOC, I would like to know if there is
something wrong, missing or something to do to improve it, if it is possible.

If you are interested to see the topics that I studied and worked on, I attach
my bachelor thesis https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3Wk65-0JfmrN1FFRDIwYU9jMjg
and the codes that I made (inspired from the gmres already implemented in
Octave) for this thesis
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3Wk65-0JfmrSzJWOGtVU0NpZjA

Actually I'm working to improve the patch that I've already submitted (that can
be found in the previous thread) and I want to implement the check of the input
also for the other algorithms mentioned in the project: pcr, bicg, bicgstab,
cgs and qmr (I think that it will be ready in some days).

Best regards,
Cristiano Dorigo

Dear Cris,

Can you please also submit your proposal to SOCIS from their website here:
http://sophia.estec.esa.int/socis2016/?q=node/21 ?

c.
Dear Carlo,

Thanks for your reply. I submitted my proposal officially in the SOCIS website that you linked me and I posted the patch that I've told in the previous message, https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/index.php?8974

Don't hesitate to ask if you have other questions or any observation.

Best regards,
Cristiano Dorigo