Re: how to not break cross-building

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: how to not break cross-building
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 14:22:18 -0400

On 04/29/2016 03:50 AM, Olaf Till wrote:

The preprocessor is not fooled by a DEFUN which occurs in a comment or
in a string, while a perl script needs a special effort for this ...

That doesn't really matter for Octave builds. The only thing that would happen is that the DOCSTRINGS files might have extra entries, but we don't just blindly insert all of them into the manual. Instead, we require the ones that are documented in the manual to be explicitly listed in the manual sources. So there would be no harm if some extra ones were extracted from the source files.