Re: enquiry about the geometry package

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: enquiry about the geometry package
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 09:12:44 -0700

On May 2, 2016, at 7:44 AM, amr mohamed <address@hidden> wrote:

Dear all,

I am willing to contribute to the geometry package as a part of the GSOC .
I have created a bitbucket repo ( https://bitbucket.org/amr_keleg/octave-geometry ) to share my code there for reviews.
The repo has three branches :
upstream - default - stable .
Should i add my future scripts to the default branch?

Regards,
Amr

I think the preferred method is for you to start a “feature branch” where you put a well-defined portion of your work in a branch and then make a “pull-request” to the maintainer (see http://wiki.octave.org/Mercurial for the different ways of submitting changes).

I personally like the feature-branch and pull-request method of working the best. It keeps things well defined, isolated, and it is easy to just give a commit id from your repository to the maintainer to pull the changes into the octave-forge default branch.

John S.