Re: mxe-octave gnuplot build failure in linux-native build

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: mxe-octave gnuplot build failure in linux-native build
Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 23:07:26 -0400

On 05/04/2016 08:48 PM, tmacchant wrote:

I personally build gnuplot 4.6.7, 5.0.3 and development version.
Therefore I would like to skip building gnuplot because gnuplot is not
related --enable-64 mechanism.
How can I skip a particular building process on mxe-octave for native build?

You can't without modifying the Makefile. Probably all you need to do is modify the list of dependencies the default-octave.mk or stable-octave.mk Makefile fragment.

Except for a few packages (like GCC or fontconfig, I think), mxe-octave isn't really set up to use packages from the system, even when doing native builds. It's really intended for building Octave and (nearly) all dependencies on systems that don't have up to date dependencies.

If you want to extend mxe-octave to do something different, then submit patches.