gramm

From: CdeMills
Subject: gramm
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 01:47:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I discussed a lot on the IRC channel, and now I can announce it: gramm is
mostly working under Octave. The original Matlab code is at
https://github.com/piermorel/gramm.

Gramm is a library to quickly produce high quality graphs targetted at
scientific publications. Objects are constructed with the 'classdef'
approach. After setting relevant properties, a graph is produced with the
'draw' method. There were a few oddities that I circumvented to get it
mostly working. Examples built around unavailable Octave functions (glm,
fit) are skipped.

Could you try the code ? It is available from git as
git clone https://github.com/CdeMills/gramm.git

Inside Octave, navigate to the gramm directory and launch the 'examples'
script. At first run, some hints are given:
1) install and load the statistics package
2) switch to the 'fltk' graphics toolkit. I saw lot of random hangs under
qt.

Comments and feedback welcome

Regards

Pascal