Re: Problems with octave-gui

From: Sebastian
Subject: Re: Problems with octave-gui
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 12:15:51 +0200

Dear Vic,

> I’m seeing graphics problems from my octave-gui/mac/homebrew installation. I
> have no way of telling whether these problems are universal or an artifact of
> my system.
it looks like a general problem with gl2ps conversion to me. It would be great
if a linux or windows user could verify that the problem is platform
independent.

> I am seeing serious problems with graphics produced by "octave-gui".
> I have no problems at all with graphics produced by "octave-cli
> -—no-window-system”.
> The "octave-cli" graphics below were produced with "setenv GNUTERM qt”.
As mentioned already off the list: you have to make use of "graphics_toolkit"
to specify the backend. If the backend is not gnuplot then "setenv ..." has no
impact. For example, it could be the case that you are printing with fltk and
we would not know. This can also be used in the GUI!

> All of these graphics were produced with the help of the attached
> newmarkowitz-1.0.0 octave package and no other octave package.
> <newmarkowitz-1.0.0.tar.gz>
Please use a minimal working example. Most people (or let's say me) will not
install a whole package to do debugging. Sorry.

Sebastian