Re: Octave-gui graphics problems

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Octave-gui graphics problems
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 15:36:25 -0700

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 16:51:46 -0400, Vic Norton wrote:
> Your picture looks very good except F154 should be red and X should be
> yellow---as in my octave-gnuplot-qt results.

Right, that's bug #48208 reported by Dmitri, waiting for confirmation
from someone with access to Matlab.

So the main macOS [1] specific issues you are seeing are

 * The fltk toolkit cannot be used with the GUI, because of reasons
   explained earlier by Ben

 * Both OpenGL-based toolkits show a weird yellow artifact / corruption
   and inaccurate shading regions when saving the figure to a file using
   gl2ps

[1]: "OS X" is now spelled "macOS",

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2016/06/goodbye-os-x-apple-announces-new-desktop-os-is-macos-sierra/

--