Re: improving special functions in GSoC 2017

From: Marco Caliari
Subject: Re: improving special functions in GSoC 2017
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 11:54:16 +0200 (CEST)

I added a rough blurb for a GSoC 2017 project:

http://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_Project_Ideas#Numerical

Motivation: I've seen various poor behaviour from our special functions over the last couple months. I think someone mentioned improving all that would be a good GSoC project. I agree.

Please link bugs there if you know of others.

Please also add your name as potential mentors: I'm not an expert on special functions, but I'm willing to help out.

Dear Colin,

I'm not an expert too, but please add my name as potential mentor. I completely agree with you that "Special functions are expected by users to just work".

Best regards,

Marco