Re: Weird NEWS on the OF website

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: Weird NEWS on the OF website
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 15:42:19 +0200

Le 16/07/2016 à 15:33, Julien Bect a écrit :
Le 16/07/2016 à 08:31, Julien Bect a écrit :
Le 15/07/2016 à 22:21, Carnë Draug a écrit :
Where can I find a description of the entire release process (which scripts you run, in which order, etc.) ?

I have attached the script. The code you wrote would require Octave on the
server.  I'm sure there must be a way to have that done on my side but if I'm
changing this, there must be a way to avoid the duplication of info in the
first place.

Argghhh....  I didn't know you wanted something that could run on the server side  :-(

Could we host this script on project-web? perhaps create an /admin directory there?

Carnë,

Please find attached a pure-octave script that does the job of updating the latest news (and only that).

You run the script locally, it downloads the files via sftp, modify index.html locally, and then uploads the modified file via sftp again.

You can use it when you release a package, or any time the recent news need to be updated.

I hope you will find it useful.  If you do, perhaps can we host that in project-web/admin?

@++
Julien

Hi Carnë,

I have pushed an improved version of my update script to project-web/admin.  I hope the location is ok.  If it's not, feel free to move the files elsewhere.

The improvements are as follows :

a) The script now also takes care of updating "date" meta-data (which was still in 2009...).

b) The script now takes the version of index.html from project-web as a template (now renamed to index.html.in to prevent accidentally pushing the template online).

Updating the index page is now as simple as:

    cd admin && octave --eval "ofadmin_update_index ('jbect');"

from the root of project-web.

Everything works fine as far as I can tell.  (By the way, as a consequence of my tests, the new version of index.html is now online.)

@++
Julien