Re: GSL in octave

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: GSL in octave
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 10:00:40 +0200

Le 19/07/2016 à 22:43, Julien Bect a écrit :
I haven't pushed (yet) a few minor things:
* your changes to DESCRIPTION -> we'll change that when release approaches * your changes to the test files (loading package at the begining) -> shouldn't we turn them into real unit tests? * changes to the cleaning rule in Makefile -> I'll look into this later, perhaps should we call src/Makefile clean recursively?

Since my previous email, I have pushed all your recent changesets and added a few of my own.

It seems that there is something wrong with your latest changes to legendre_sphPlm_array.cc (see log below).

Hi Susi,

your latest changes fixed this issue with legendre_sphPlm_array.cc, thank you.

I have seen also that you have started to work on tests, but I didn't pull that yet. I think that the tests should be written using the standard Octave unit testing framework, in such a way that __run_test_suite__ can be used to run them all.

http://wiki.octave.org/Tests
https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/v4.0.0/Test-Functions.html

I also noticed that there is a file named src/Makeconf.in, which apparently is used to generate another file named src/Makeconf. What are these two files used for, and when are they supposed to be used?

@++
Julien