Re: close mechanics package

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: close mechanics package
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 14:25:53 +0100

On 20 July 2016 at 16:26, Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Carnë,
>
> what is the process to discontinue a Of package?
> I want to abandon mechanics.
>
> Thanks

There isn't really a process to do so.  The closest thing is to remove
your name from the maintainer field in the DESCRIPTION file.  Then just
ignore bug reports and patches for the package (we can reply saying that
the package is unmaintained and ask if they want to do it).

If it no longer works with new Octave versions, I can remove it from
the main page as well (the actual released tarballs will still be
available for manual download).  Do you want me to do that?

If the only reason for this bug #44804, it can be fixed easily by
changing the package structure so that the PKG_ADD is no longer
needed.  Do you want me to do it?

Carnë

[1] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?44804