Removing the Octave Forge java package

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Removing the Octave Forge java package
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 14:45:56 +0100

Hi everyone

The Octave Forge java package has been merged into Octave core for
version 3.8 which was released almost 3 years ago.  I'm not sure
if the package would install on recent versions of Octave.  Even
if it does install on recent versions, the functions have since changed
so installing the package would shadow the core functions and affect
behaviour of other packages that depend on the java interface (such as the
io package).

I have removed the java package from the list of maintained packages,
but added a link at the bottom saying it is part of Octave core since
Octave 3.8.  I have also set up redirections so any previous link to
the java package documentation will end in the java section of the
Octave manual [1].

The released tarballs continue accessible for download and install from
the sourceforge servers though.  They have not been removed.

Carnë

[1] http://hg.code.sf.net/p/octave/project-web/rev/3984dcbcfc74