Deprecated LAPACK routines (GSVD)

From: Nir Krakauer
Subject: Deprecated LAPACK routines (GSVD)
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 13:41:19 -0400

Carnë and I are working with Barbara on porting gsvd from the linear-algebra package to core octave, as part of her GSoC project [1]. As the documentation states, "The code is a wrapper to the corresponding Lapack dggsvd and zggsvd routines."

Starting with LAPACK 3.6 (released this year), *ggsvd.f are deprecated and *ggsvd3.f (which call Level 3 BLAS routines and hence presumably perform better) are to be used instead [2]. I suppose we should wait another couple of years for 3.6 to percolate through the operating systems before we make the change in our gsvd, or is there a way of testing which LAPACK function is available in a given instance?

--Nir

[1] https://bitbucket.org/BarbaraLocsi/octave
[2] http://www.netlib.org/lapack/lapack-3.6.0.html#_3_lapack_3_6_0_what_8217_s_new