Re: Octave cannot find Qscintilla and cannot build with Atlas

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: Octave cannot find Qscintilla and cannot build with Atlas
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2016 11:09:57 -0500

On 08/12/2016 06:52 PM, sas bab wrote:

2-The second issue is that octave is building without Qscintilla
support. I tried different solutions:
    a- To check weather my Qscintella directory is included in Octave
search directories.  This is not the problem
    b- Try to apply the solution in this discussion:
https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/octave-maintainers/2015-06/msg00213.html.

         It does not solve the problem
    c- From "config.log" I found that octave is looking for the
Qscintella with the wrong file name "libqt5scintilla2.so".
         However, the correct name in my system is
         "libqscintilla2-qt5.so". So basically I solved that by applying
the following command

         sudo cp \use\lib\libqscintilla2-qt5.so
\usr\lib\libqt5scintilla2.so

         Does it happen with anyone. I think octave should be able to
get the correct name

This is a known issue Saleh:

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?40252#comment30

In the past few days there has been a transition to allow building with Qt5, and Qt5 has priority because Qt4 appears to soon be nearing the end of its support cycle. You can help by figuring out some way to identify the location of Qt5 files on your system at the configuration level. For example, can you find anything in package-configuration, e.g., try something like the following at the terminal command line:

pkg-config --list-all

and check if "scintilla" appears somewhere in the list. There probably isn't, but it's worth trying.

I created a bug report here, since I don't see any:

Follow that for latest developments.

Dan