help needed to tag (x)failing tests with bug numbers

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: help needed to tag (x)failing tests with bug numbers
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 08:39:03 -0400

I checked in the following changeset yesterday:

  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/3473246a824e

This change allows %!assert, %!fail, %!test, %!testif, and %!xtest blocks to be tagged with a "<MESSAGE>". If MESSAGE is just an integer it is recognized as an Octave bug report number. Then failing tests that are tagged this way will display the following info in the test log:

  !!!!! known bug: http://octave.org/testfailure/?NNNNN

Otherwise, if a test is tagged with <MESSAGE>, the output will be

  !!!!! known bug: MESSAGE

So it makes sense for MESSAGE to be a URL if it is not an Octave bug number.

Either way, I hope that this will prevent people from submitting duplicate reports about these problems.

I tagged a few of the failing tests with bug numbers with this additional changeset:

  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/c0f446d657bf

Note that %!test with a message behaves the same as %!xtest, so I converted the %!xtest instances to %!test.

Any tests that were originally using %!xtest but that are now fixed should be switched to using %!test now as well. My thought is that any failure we know about should link to a bug report. Otherwise, the test should be expected to succeed.

Now I need help to tag the rest or to create bug reports about these failures if there isn't anything about them in the tracker.

Thanks,