Re: [mxe-octave] question for windows cross build

From: JohnD
Subject: Re: [mxe-octave] question for windows cross build
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 12:33:17 -0400

> Message: 5
> Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 18:42:41 +0900 (JST)
> From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden>
> To: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
> Subject: [mxe-octave] question for windows cross build
>
> In the bug tracker?
> http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?48474
>
> mxe-octave: enable better supported gnuplot terminals
>

> I have been trying to build gnuplot with cairo based (pngcairo ...) and
lua/tikz
> terminals.
> Build for cairo based terminal seems to have no problem so far.
>
> For implementing lua terminal, I need to use lua executable.
> The mxe-octave for windows is cross build so that lua.exe cannot be used.
>
> However, in octave build qt tools uic, moc, rcc and lrelease are required.
> But linux native of those are not built in mxe-octave cross.
>
> Am I misled?
>
> Tatsuro

Mxe-octave creates host (runs in linux versions) of (i686-w64-mingw-)qmake,
uic etc in the usr/bin directory and names as  and then later on makes the
target (.exe) versions for running in windows

On a side note, I started looking at getting qt5 to work as well , and has
gotten close but not completed yet