Re: Note for future GSoCers and others

From: NVS Abhilash
Subject: Re: Note for future GSoCers and others
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 05:00:13 -0700 (PDT)

Mudit Sharma wrote
> Hi All and Abhilash,
>
> The project that you appear to be interested in is worth only if it's done
> as a GSoC.
> For someone new to Open source or particularly Octave it appears that the
> projects written on the ideas
> page are the only development powerhouses.
>
> What I feel after around 2.5 years in the Octave community :
> There's a lot of room of development. For someone new to Octave :
> one only needs to think a little and you have a project ready in your
> mind.
> At a beginner stage one must focus on programming small bits that are
> missing in Octave
> and then focus on bigger things!
>
> Bests,
> Mudit

I know, sorry I didn't knew that. Thank you for your guidance, really
appreciate it.
So as a beginner I think I should start with a small one then.

I am sorry, I was not able to know the size of the project. So for small
projects, should I look for something in here:

http://wiki.octave.org/Short_projects

Can I start with making some missing functions, It's just that I wanna start
contributing.

Thank you,
NVS Abhilash

-----