Re: Octave Forge -- Looking for a new leader

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Octave Forge -- Looking for a new leader
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 17:44:49 +0000

I have distanced myself from the internet this holidays so I am still
catching up with the pile of emails.  However, a quick glance from
the emails on this thread show that most people think that pushing
releases is the problem.  For me, that is not so.  It may be the most
time consuming (I'm not sure it is) but my issue is other things.  I
am not sure what to call it but I think it's fair to say community
managing.

They are many small things most of which didn't bother me at the
start and individually listed they sound petty.  Maybe it's because I
have less free time nowadays, maybe now I have to spend my patience
elsewhere, or maybe all those small things now accumulated are
enough.

Even if you all manage to automate the package release, we will still
need a project leader.  And I think you should have one to lead any
of the recent discussions that me leaving the position has triggered.

Carnë