Re: GSoC 2017

From: Francesco Faccio
Subject: Re: GSoC 2017
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 10:52:16 +0000

Carlo wrote:

On 22 Jan 2017, at 12:51, Nir Krakauer <address@hidden> wrote:

> Carlo/Marco/Jacopo/Sebastian -- looks like the ode15s project
> description needs to be updated after Francesco's project.

Dear Bill and Francesco,

Would you be interested in helping with mentoring a new project related to ode15{i,s}?
What improvements / new features would you say are most useful / urgent?

I think a proper implementation of "decic" should be the first step, what else would you suggest?

c.

Hi Carlo,

yes, you can add me in the list of mentors for the project.

Besides decic, I think that it would be useful to:

- make the solvers able to work with complex numbers
- improve  interpolate, outputfun, event and integrate methods in class IDA
- try to find some bottlenecks and speed up the code (I've never run the profiler)

Francesco