Re: dicom package maintainer

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: dicom package maintainer
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 12:26:03 -0800 (PST)

Carnë Draug wrote

> <snip>
> A set of dicom files for a thorough test suite may become quite large
> so I am not sure if it's a good idea to start adding them to the
> repository.  Maybe a repository with test datasets could be created
> and there could be optional tests that download the files as part of
> maintainer tests.  Such setup would also be handy for core and at
> least the io package.

.... and the mapping package ..... (think of .shp, .dxf and the various
raster file formats.)

Good idea, Carnë.

That said, for io it would only be the reading of (especially) .xlsx files
that would benefit.
Properly writing those files can only be tested by Excel itself :-(  (only
to some extent by LibreOffice)

I still may have several example files that I used for debugging that were
handed to me in good faith, yet I think it could be a lot of work to
"anonymize" them.

Philip