GSoC 2017 - Improve iterative methods for sparse linear systems

From: Prabhanjan Mannari
Subject: GSoC 2017 - Improve iterative methods for sparse linear systems
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 19:48:35 +0530

 Hello
I am Prabhanjan Mannari, and I'm interested in improving iterative methods for sparse linear systems [1]

I have gone through the project description, and I have a few questions-

1. What are the pre-requisites that I should have to take up the project ?
2. Is the knowledge of the entire reference book [2] listed in the project description necessary for the implementation of the project (or are a few chapters more relevant than the others) ?

[1]: http://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_Project_Ideas#Improve_iterative_methods_for_sparse_linear_systems
[2]: www-users.cs.umn.edu/~saad/IterMethBook_2ndEd.pdf