Re: GSoC 2017- Symbolic Package

From: NVS Abhilash
Subject: Re: GSoC 2017- Symbolic Package
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2017 06:58:06 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,
Sorry for late reply, (academic preoccupation).
So, I have successfully integrated Octave, Pytave and Symbolic Package.

This is how I did it (I have Ubuntu 16.10, 64-bit Machine):

1. Installed Octave
2. In the terminal: "git clone https://github.com/cbm755/octsympy.git";
3. In the terminal: "hg clone https://bitbucket.org/mtmiller/pytave";
4. Installed dependencies for pytave (I did not had boost.python, So I
installed it)
5. In pytave folder did as documented in INSTALL.md.
6. Then I added $PYTHON_HOME = path/to/pytave
7. And I move to octsympy/inst/
8. Run `octave --path="$PYTAVE_HOME"`
9. Then I did `sympref ipc native`.

I hope these are the steps to do that.

Then just out of curiosity, I ran `octsympy_tests` to see if all working
fine.
But I got this:

  PASS      1978
  FAIL        56