[patch #9282] add minres for sparse linear systems

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: [patch #9282] add minres for sparse linear systems
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 11:27:22 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #8, patch #9282 (project octave):

re: questions from Comment #5, I'm not sure how to test 2, but I made a lousy
complex A to substitute into the matlab example in Comment #1. It failed to
converge, but it didn't produce any errors about complex input. Barring any
other test, I'll assume A should be allowed to be complex.

>> A = A+A*1i;

>> x = minres(A,b,tol,maxit,M);
minres stopped at iteration 50 without converging to the desired tolerance
1e-10
because the maximum number of iterations was reached.
The iterate returned (number 2) has relative residual 0.7.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?9282>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/