Re: package maintainers please choose a package group

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Re: package maintainers please choose a package group
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 21:47:46 +0000

> On 13 Mar 2017, at 18:23, Olaf Till <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> With the information we have so far, the packages listed below have
> been preliminarily assigned to the "community" group.
>
> Olaf

> suggested community packages:
>
> bim
> fpl
> mpi
> msh
> nurbs
> ocs
> secs1d
> secs2d
> secs3d

I'm not sure the information you have are correct.

For example ocs is already being maintained in an external
repository (which is synchronized to forge only at time of release)
so I would say it would fit the "external" group.

On the other hand, the website states that also "community" packages
can be maintained in a separate repository, so maybe it's me who really
don't get the difference?

Is the main difference that should guide my choice whether I would like
"administrators" to push changes "even without asking before"?

If I would prefer to get a pull request or a patch submitted to the tracker
for me to evaluate before pushing does this mean that the packages above
should be considered "external"?

c.